About Cradle of Rome
A Match 3 game situated in Ancient Rome, your challenge is to construct the city from the ground up. Each level awards resources - gold, supplies and food. These resources will enable you to purchase and run an amazing collection of buildings such as a forge, mill, quarry, tavern, village and field - everything you need to recover the city and become Emperor. Watch as the city bursts into life as you play, becoming populated and productive.
The game becomes increasingly more difficult as you progress through the levels, with the introduction of 'locked' tiles and asymmetrical boards. Bonus powers and items are necessary to navigate out of tight spots. Although there is not much to differentiate Cradle of Rome from other Match 3 games, fans of the genre will enjoy the challenge.
How to Play
1. Create matches of three in a row by clicking on adjacent tiles to swap them.
2. Blue tiles are marble plaques. Make matches over each plaque to finish the level.
3. Some of the tiles give you resources such as gold, supplies and food. Each silver coin awards you 3 units of gold. Each gold coin awards you 5 units of gold. Collect coins to build the city.
Hints and Tips
1. Match four or five tiles in a row to win more resources.
2. The quicker you finish a level the larger the time bonus you receive. Time bonuses add to the resources you need the most.
3. New buildings give you tiles that are worth more and provide greater amounts of gold, supplies and food.
4. Your achievements will be awarded with bonuses - inhabitants of Rome will appear in your city and bring you additional benefits!
5. Right clicking the buildings in the city will display more information about their benefits.
6. The faster you build the city the greater your chances of visiting Olympus at the end of the game. Don't jeopardise your opportunity to visit the home of the Roman Gods!
Graphics & Sound
The deluxe version of Cradle of Rome features impressive graphics and an evocative soundtrack that supports the story and enhances the addictive nature of the game. The free online version is an adequate and not uninspiring way to pass an hour or so.
Value: At only $6.99 (AUD) the deluxe version of Cradle of Rome is amazing value for money.