How to Play Alphabet MixUse the letters of the alphabet to fill in the spaces in the words or phrases in the game.
Click and drag each letter into a space in the game.
Each letter must be used, but only once.
SAVE: Click to save your Alphabet Mix
PAUSE: Click pause to stop the timer
EXIT: Click on exit to return to the Game Selection page
TOKEN COUNTER: Shows how many tokens you have won during the game
TIMER: The timer starts as soon as you open the Alphabet Mix
YouPlay BOOST: Boost your score - multiply your points by working faster and smarter
HINTS: Stuck on a letter? Click in the empty box you would like revealed, and then click on the yellow hint star icon, found in the top right corner of the game panel. The space will be filled in for you.
- YouPlay Premium Members receive 3 hints
- YouPlay Members receive 3 hints
About Alphabet Mix
The YouPlay Alphabet Mix provides a list of partially completed words. The challenge is to complete the words before the timer runs out, using every letter of the alphabet only once.
Alphabets consist of a collection of letters or characters which represent a distinctive vocal sound in a language. The individual letters in an alphabet are named and have a fixed order, and can be used in combination to write every word in the vocabulary of the language.
The word alphabet comes from alpha and beta, the first two letters of the Greek alphabet. The Greeks helped spread the alphabet throughout the ancient world, although they are not the earliest civilisation to have used it.
Fun Word Facts
- Although the English alphabet has only 26 letters, the English language has around 44 sounds.
- The longest word in the English language is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, a medical condition caused by volcanic dust.
- Scientific studies have recently shown that the focused mental activity used to solve puzzles can help prevent memory loss and degenerative brain disorders such as Alzheimer’s – another reason to get your daily dose of puzzling fun!
The Alphabet Mix puzzles featured on YouPlay are presented by Lovatts Publications, leaders in the industry for over 25 years. Known and loved for the care taken by dedicated, specialist compilers, Lovatts Alphabet Mix puzzles provide hours of quality entertainment.
The daily YouPlay Alphabet Mix is a great place to start if you’re new to solving puzzles or only have a limited time to play.