How to Play WordsearchFind all the words from the list inside the word search letters grid. The remaining letters will spell out a mystery answer. The words may be hidden horizontally, vertically, diagonally or backwards.
When you have found a word from the list inside the grid, click on the first or last letter. Holding down your mouse, drag to the other end of the word and release the mouse button. If you are correct, the word will remain circled in the grid and will fade to grey in the word list.
Can’t find your word? Click over it in the word list, holding down your mouse. For as long as you hold the mouse button down, circles will appear around the initial letter of the word you are looking for in the grid. When you release the mouse, the circles will disappear. Be careful, you will lose a Hint for every five seconds you use this online help option.
When you have found and marked off all the words, the remaining letters will reveal the mystery solution.
PRINT: Click to print your Word search
- Available to YouPlay Premium Members only
- Print feature is only available for selected online puzzles
SAVE: Click to save your Word search online
- YouPlay Premium Members receive 10 save slots
- YouPlay Members receive 3 save slots
PAUSE: Click to halt the timer if you wish to pause during game play
EXIT: Click to return to the Game Selection page
TOKEN COUNTER: Shows how many tokens you have won during the game
TIMER: The timer starts as soon as you open the Word search
YouPlay BOOST: Boost your score - multiply your points by working faster and smarter
HINTS: Can’t find your word? Click over it in the word list, holding down your mouse. For as long as you hold the mouse button down, circles will appear around the initial letter of the word you are looking for in the grid. When you release the mouse, the circles will disappear. Be careful, you will lose a Hint for every 5 seconds that you use this help option.
- YouPlay Premium Members receive 7 hints
- YouPlay Members receive 7 hints
Word search puzzles online are solved by finding a list of words that have been hidden in a rectangular grid of seemingly random letters. The words may appear horizontally, vertically, diagonally or even backwards. When each of the words has been found and circled, the remaining letters spell out a mystery answer or message. Wordsearch puzzles are often themed and a more challenging variation does not include a word list.
Word Search Tips
1. Choose a word to find from the list then scan the grid (from right to left and top to bottom) searching for the initial letter of that word. Where that letter appears, check if the surrounding letters match the second letter of the word, then the third, and so on until you have found the word.
2. Look for infrequently used letters within the word list such as Q, X and Z. These will stand out in the grid.
3. Check for double letters such as OO, SS and TT. Again, letter repetition will stand out in the grid.
Scientific studies have shown that the focused mental activity used to solve puzzles can help prevent memory loss and degenerative brain disorders such as Alzheimer’s – another reason to get your daily dose of puzzling fun!
The Word search online puzzles on YouPlay are presented by Lovatts Publications, leaders in the industry for over 25 years. Known and loved for the care taken by dedicated, specialist compilers, Lovatts Word search puzzles, in both print and online formats, provide hours of quality entertainment.