A Ripple Effect grid is made up of different coloured 'Sets', each consisting of one or more cells. To solve the puzzle, the correct numbers must be placed in each of the cells according to the following rules:
- Every Set must contain the number 1 and then up to the amount of individual cells. For example, if there are four cells in a Set, it must contain the numbers 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- If a row or column includes two identical numbers, at least that number of cells must separate them. For example, two 'number 3' cells in the same row and column must have three cells in between them containing other numbers.
Use the mouse to click up (or down) through the numbers 1 to 9 in each cell. The small black arrows on each side of the cell tell you whether you are counting from 1 up to 9 (right arrow) or from 9 down to 1 (left arrow).
Using your keyboard, you can type in up to eight practice numbers below the line at the top of each cell.
When you have correctly completed a Set of cells, that area fills with colour and any practice numbers will disappear.
PRINT: Click to print the Ripple Effect
- Available to YouPlay Premium Members only
- Selected puzzles only
SAVE: Click to save the Ripple Effect
- YouPlay Premium Members receive 10 puzzle save slots
- YouPlay Members receive 3 puzzle save slots
PAUSE: Click to halt the timer if you wish to pause during game play
EXIT: Click to return to the Game Selection page
UNDO: Undo your moves one click at a time
CLEAR GRID: Undo all moves and start the Ripple Effect again
TOKEN COUNTER: Displays how many tokens you have won during the game
TIMER: The timer starts as soon as you open the Ripple Effect
YouPlay BOOST: Boost your score - multiply your points by working faster and smarter
HINTS: Click to add an extra number to help you solve the Ripple Effect
- YouPlay Premium Members receive 5 hints
- YouPlay Members receive 5 hints