To solve a Windoku, every number from 1 to 9 must appear in:
- Each of the nine vertical columns
- Each of the nine horizontal rows
- Each of the nine 3 x 3 boxes
- Each of the four 3 x 3 window panes (shaded in blue)
Use the mouse to click up (or down) through the numbers 1 to 9 in each square. The small black arrows on each side of the square tell you whether you are counting from 1 up to 9 (right arrow) or from 9 down to 1 (left arrow).
Using your keyboard, you can type in up to eight practice numbers above the line at the top of each box.
When you have correctly completed a row, column, 3 x 3 box or window, that area fills with colour and any practice numbers will disappear.
PRINT: Click to print your Windoku
- Available to YouPlay Premium Members only
- Selected puzzles only
SAVE: Click to save your Windoku
- YouPlay Premium Members receive 10 save slots
- YouPlay Members receive 3 save slots
PAUSE: Click to halt the timer if you wish to pause during game play
EXIT: Click to return to the Game Selection page
UNDO: Undo your moves one click at a time
CLEAR GRID: Undo all moves and start the Windoku again
TOKEN COUNTER: Displays how many tokens you have won during the game
TIMER: The timer starts as soon as you open the Windoku
YouPlay BOOST: Boost your score - multiply your points by working faster and smarter
HINTS: Click to add an extra number to help you solve the Windoku
- YouPlay Premium Members receive 6 hints
- Youplay Members receive 6 hints