The word 'saurian' refers to WHAT?

Lizards
Food cooked in wine
Modern art
Motorbikes

Love Language

Feb
2015

Yes, it's February again and the annual flowers-and-card festival that is Valentine's Day is upon us. And while it's a little irritating to be peer-pressured into an observance, it's also no bad thing to rejoice in the love in our lives and to acknowledge it. Perhaps not with red roses and a Hallmark card, though. "My love is like a red, red, rose" but said love might appreciate a more significant token. No, I'm not talking jewellery though, for the record, I'm totally with Dorothy Parker's observation that "No woman is above rubies". If "love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence" (what a cynic Mencken was) we can, at least, be inspired to see love and imagination going hand in hand and then use the latter on Valentine's Day.
Oh, and heed actor Esai Morales's advice, "I love bringing roses to woman when she least expects it". So save the roses for the 21st when it's UNESCO's International Mother Language Day, or the 28th for India's National Science Day. For the athletic, there's apparently a Tennis Day on the 23rd, which is fine for those of us in the southern hemisphere summer, but tricky for those in the temperate north or arctic where courts may still be snow-covered - though red rose petals would contrast nicely. For the northern hemisphere, perhaps Umbrella Day on the 10th. And surely all of us who celebrate words should mark World Radio Day on the 13th.
That said, what would you like to celebrate this month?

Love Language

nan_j said:
February 27, 2015 at 4:44 PM

Way to go zowie and on that note we agree

nan_j said:
February 27, 2015 at 4:51 PM

I can find nothing about Joe Hockey re the Charlie Brown series must be missing something here

zowie said:
February 27, 2015 at 4:52 PM

Thank you Blue.I know a debate with you would blow me out of the water,I know I am not as eloquent as you but I am a nice guy who thinks ...meant to be funny as in lets laugh at ourselves.

February 27, 2015 at 4:53 PM

I don't like the preferential voting system and I think it should be first past the post that gets in. I don't like Tony Abbott either! I see we have a new blog - interesting title 'confronting'

nan_j said:
February 27, 2015 at 4:56 PM

Confronting will it be really about ?

nan_j said:
February 27, 2015 at 5:04 PM

and where is this jelly?

February 27, 2015 at 5:06 PM

Here! I just posted the first comment.

iandor said:
February 27, 2015 at 5:16 PM

I am not concerned with any side issues to do small matters to do with Joe Hockey. What really concerns me and I am anything but a strong Union person nor a Communist. However what he had to say was to do with the well being of a very few people or organisations; and these were all from the "Big End" of town. What I got out of his speech was that Mum and Dad and Grandparents should all make sacrifices, so that the really rich people wont have to suffer. He was saying that Australia cannot afford to keep these kind of people (Mum, Dad and grandparents); as they are getting older, more expensive to keep and they are living longer. However what was uppermost in my mind was that Doreen and I between us paid in up to $40,000 per annum into taxation and superranuation for about 20 years and a bit less prior to that. Under those circumstances why can't they afford to keep us; they've had a lot of money from us for a long time. In other words he had no idea of the facts and he was just espousing a pre-determined speech. Rgds Ian

February 27, 2015 at 6:07 PM

Yes I hate it when politicians make `age-ist` remarks...as if people have done something wrong by being long-lived

zowie said:
February 27, 2015 at 7:54 PM

I like what you say Ian. We too have got out there, hubby helped build a company ,when so successful the good old boss sold it. A dilemma decisions were hard to make .A move to VIC take command. No we are NSW...We like it here...Yes Pammy we have made our contributions.

zowie said:
February 27, 2015 at 8:03 PM

Food for thought hmm

deedledoo said:
April 12, 2015 at 11:44 PM

i hate comments about disabled - i have MS and use a four wheel walker and someone looked at me and said 'golly'you use that as a shopping basket? er I didn't answer -