The Body Shop, known for vegetable-based cosmetics, was founded by which Englishwoman who died in 2007?

Natalie Bloom
Anita Roddick
Elizabeth Arden
Estee Lauder

Grow a mo, win some dough & support a worthy cause

Nov
2010

By MAGMan P.I.

It might be statin' the bleedin' obvious, but things are getting a bit hairy around here. And while it's said imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I was deflated but touched (in an entirely appropriate kind of way) to discover the real reason you guys and gals are mo-ing up is not to mimic me, but to support Movember and our brand new Avatar Competition.

And who could blame you? Not only is a mo the superlative facial fashion accessory, but by participating and voting in our comp, you could also share in $500 worth of cash prizes and donations to the Movember Foundation whose efforts to raise awareness and funds for men's health issues, particularly depression and prostate cancer, are to be applauded.

To join the fun there are three simple requirements: 1. Create a mo; 2. Submit your mo; and 3. Vote for a mo. You can even refer friends and quickly build your vote tally. Click here to find out more.

But don't wait another mo-ment – the YouPlay Movember Avatar Comp has begun!

Grow a mo, win some dough & support a worthy cause

November 17, 2010 at 3:42 PM

I think my green facial adornment complements my purple outfit perfectly :-)

relle said:
November 17, 2010 at 4:08 PM

You Play thank you for supporting Movember as we all know or have someone suffering from cancer or depression. This is a fun way of reaching out to help in raising awareness of very real diseases.

November 17, 2010 at 4:09 PM

Can we vote more than once?

Staff

Dr. Play said:
November 17, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Sure can, stitchpuzz. You can vote for any number of entrants, but you can vote for a given entrant only once. A disabled 'Vote' button signifies that you've voted for that entrant.

November 17, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Adding a mo to our avatars for this competition is so much fun! Thank you YouPlay for acting on the suggestion made by one of the members. It is a good way of raising awareness of Movember and shows our support for all the blokes out there! Well done YouPlay!! Have fun everyone!!

November 18, 2010 at 1:19 PM

It is great to see many YouPlayers supporting this important cause! Mens health can sometimes fly under the radar and needs to be bought to the forefront. Well done YouPlay for raising awareness to this issue & letting players have fun & enjoyment with it. Here's to Mens Health!

marula said:
November 19, 2010 at 10:57 PM

I think a mo is the go:)

swimmer said:
November 21, 2010 at 2:31 PM

When can I shave my beard off please its slowing my swimming! Seriuosly it is a great competion and a great way to help raise funds for men's health. Having had a lunpectomy I know how important research is. keep up the good work and please vote for me.

SuperTony said:
November 21, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Hi. As someone who is living with chronic depression, I appreciate times like Mo-vember so that maybe other people can learn a bit more about this painful illness. Many people think because you cannot see any outward signs, then there is nothing majorly wrong with you. No one can see or feel the pain and mental anguish that is going on 24/7. The first some may find out is after the sufferer takes drastic action to end the pain. I know this only too well. Help for sufferers of mental health still leaves a lot to be desired. The cost of medication and treatment for those lucky enough to hold down a job often leads to sufferers having to choose between medication or food. I too have had to make these decisions. For those who can't afford these costs, it must truly be a horrible existence. The medication makes concentration much more difficult. I'm on anti-depressants, anti-psychotics, tranquilizers, Lithium, Beta Blockers and others. I find doing the puzzles and crosswords here useful in keeping my mind focused. So if you know anyone who you may think is suffering from this illness, please offer some help, whether it's just an ear to listen to them or being more pro-active in helping them some form of medical assistance. Anyway, that is a small part of my story.

November 21, 2010 at 7:20 PM

Thanks for sharing SuperTony. Love your look!

keeko said:
November 21, 2010 at 9:27 PM

It's great to see guys caring about each other. my avatar is made up to look like Hercule Peroit - I think he has the best mo in the world!

annie1962 said:
November 22, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Thanks SuperTony for sharing your story - my thoughts and prayers are with you :-) I know exactly how you feel as I have a neurological disease and can appear fairly "normal" at times and at other times I am like a major stroke victim. If everyone could just share one smile with one stranger every single day we'd all feel much better. SuperTony, I care :-)

SuperTony said:
November 24, 2010 at 8:15 PM

December 01, 2010 at 8:55 AM

The media is reporting that the Movember campaign has been a great success. Well done to YP for supporting it and congratulations to whoever wins the avatar beard competition. Personally, I'm pleased to have a shave - never have liked facial hair! Cheers.

relle said:
December 01, 2010 at 10:05 AM

Congratulations to all the winners....well done to all of the avatars that participated in this....not only was it fun, it reminded us all how important it is to join together for a very special cause. Thanks again YP for creating Movember!