For what did Harry Houdini find fame?

Cookery
Soccer
Escapology
Psycology

Are YOU the next Australian Sudoku champion?

Aug
2011

By Jessie

OK YouPlayers, listen up because this is BIG. The 2011 World Sudoku Championship is being held in Hungary in November, and thanks to Berocca® Focus 50+ you have the chance to win a place on the Australian team.

Yes YOU!

The winner of the Australian Sudoku Challenge will represent Australia plus receive:

• Return flights to Hungary from their nearest capital city
  • 7 nights accommodation in Eger, Hungary
  • $2,000 spending money
  • A three month supply of Berocca® Focus 50+

HOW TO ENTER

STEP ONE: Visit the official competition website and complete the Sudoku puzzle on the 'Play to Win' page (one attempt only)

STEP TWO: In 25 words or less outline why you deserve to represent Australia at the 2011 World Sudoku Championship

Please Note: Entrants must be over 50 years of age (as of 30th June 2011) and hold a valid Australian passport.

The top ten online entrants will be flown to Sydney to take part in a live final in Sydney on Tuesday, 27th September.

ENTER THE AUSTRALIAN SUDOKU CHALLENGE NOW

Did you know that the current Australian Sudoku champion is legendary Australian rugby union player John Eales? You can read his top performance tips here.

Before you try your luck in the competition, why not play a few practice rounds of Sudoku to get in the zone!

Sudoku Championship

About the 2011 World Sudoku Championship

The World Sudoku Championship is an annual competition run by the World Puzzle Federation and is now in its sixth year.

The team representing Australia at the 2011 World Sudoku Championship will consist of four people. Berocca® Focus 50+ has secured one spot and is offering that place to one lucky person via the Australian Sudoku Challenge. The remaining spots will be filled by the Australian representative/s of the World Puzzle Federation.

The World Sudoku Championship typically consists of a number of puzzles solved by all competitors over multiple timed rounds - including 'classic Sudoku' and also Sudoku variations (such as YouPlay’s Windoku and Addoku). This is then followed by a playoff for the top qualifiers to determine a champion.

Argh, why are you still reading this? You should be Sudoku-ing already! For yourself, your country - for Team YouPlay! I KNOW you can do it.

ENTER THE AUSTRALIAN SUDOKU CHALLENGE NOW

Remember dear YouPlayers, to tame the Sudoku you must BE the Sudoku.

Godspeed and good luck!

Jessie x

Are YOU the next Australian Sudoku champion?

bika said:
August 03, 2011 at 6:45 PM

O. M. G. Why, why, why is my brain not wired for numbers? Good luck to all eligible YP entrants :D

barneyb said:
August 04, 2011 at 11:52 AM

I'm with you bika! My brain just can't "get" Sudoku. I've had many people sit down and try to explain it to me (including my 11 year old daughter lol) and I still can't do Sudoku puzzles. Now, if there was a Word Power challenge in, say, Hawaii, I'm there :D Good luck YP entrants, I'm sure you'll do great!!

August 05, 2011 at 11:57 AM

what a great idea...there are so many fantastic players on here, that surely someone is bound to make the team. I'm a little disappointed that I dont fit the age criteria, but oh well, something to look forward too. Good luck to All!! P.S..Jessie, I find it a little creepy that your avatar eyes keep blinking....just saying!

pp said:
August 05, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Good luck to all! Does Berocca help with eyesight?? Can't even read the grid in the challenge

striker said:
August 05, 2011 at 2:39 PM

Why, why, why do you have to be over 50? It has been my dream for years to go to this championship after watching a documentary on the rugby players who went. Is it a championship criteria or a sponsor one? I am devastated I cannot try out.

PrettyGal said:
August 05, 2011 at 3:14 PM

I can't try out coz I'm a kiwi

yoosseff said:
August 12, 2011 at 3:47 AM

hello i'm fast

August 14, 2011 at 5:00 AM

The grid is really hard to get used to! Don't think the Easies are that Easy! Good luck to all players!

August 16, 2011 at 8:09 AM

I'm the right age but can only do the easy and medium ones. Good luck to all. It would be fantastic to see one of our YouPlay players win the competition!

August 22, 2011 at 2:19 PM

I'm over 50 and can do the hard sudoku in about 6minutes. Not sure if this is a good enough time to enter the comp. What do you think?

August 22, 2011 at 6:02 PM

Amberrosie if you fill the criteria, you may as well have a go. If you don't enter you'll never really know if it was good enough or not. Best of luck to you and all entrants.

September 01, 2011 at 4:07 PM

I like sudoku but I'm too slow. Maybe if I practice enough I might get there for next time!!! LOL.

September 01, 2011 at 4:08 PM

Yes, good luck to all the entrants.