What type of creature was the animated character, Felix?

Dog
Mouse
Cat
Rabbit

Three cheers for holiday fun!

Nov
2010

By Jessie

Ho ho ho and a bottle of rum Merry Christmas! As I write this I am surrounded by a scene so festive I will not be surprised if a herd of boisterous reindeer burst through the door followed closely by Santa and a motley crowd of carol-singing choristers.

Dr. Play is currently tangled from toes to nose, wrapped like a mummy in a never-ending length of coloured lights, Avatar Chris is dangling from the ceiling fan after an ill-fated attempt to crown the tree with a sparkling star and MagMan P.I, well, I hesitate to even go there. Suffice to say that a swarthy, moustachioed man has taken up permanent residence under the mistletoe, all suggestive winks and frothy droplets of eggnog quivering on the ends of whiskers.

What’s not to love?

Yes the season of cheer has rolled around again which means the annual YouPlay celebrations have begun! But before we talk festivities (and while we’re on the subject of impressive mo’s) I’m thrilled to announce the winners of the Movember avatar competition.

Congratulations to our $100 first prize winner Stitchpuzz, whose impressive tribal ensemble featured a striking mo in queenly green. And $50 runners up CalypsoBelle, bronski3 and mma are to be highly commended on their truly mo-mentous creations. A $250 donation will also be sent to the Movember Foundation on behalf of us here at YouPlay. See Movember winners page.

But now, on with the main event! First up in our festive extravaganza is the ever-popular Holiday Hunt. Search the site for 20 missing items from our Christmas vista for a chance to WIN some great prizes. This year, we’ve made a few changes to up the ante and keep things fresh – read more about the Holiday Hunt here.

You can also play the Seven Games of Christmas – a collection of our most popular games and puzzles, each with a seasonal twist. Play the first game to unlock the next, and so on (a new game is unlocked each day). Once you have completed the sequence you can post on the Community Wall of Wishes – share your holiday message with your friends on YouPlay.

There’s more to be announced over the coming week so stay tuned…

Jessie x

Three cheers for holiday fun!

bejay said:
December 13, 2010 at 3:44 PM

had problems too. sent email & got reply from Jason who asked which page & what ads where on at the time. if you take note & send email to tech probs with this info it may help them to track down the problem. its very frustrating especially when you know the right answer. the questions are hard enough to find!!!!!!

rockhen said:
December 13, 2010 at 11:32 PM

I having trouble with the trivia combat, I got 100 % right but came second to someone who only got 70% right, how does that work, I know I'm nowhere near getting on the leader boards but it always seems to take ages from the time I click the answer and for it to register, and the score wall always says I average 10 secs for a reply and I'm definitely not that slow. is there anything I can do about it

Staff

Jason said:
December 14, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Hi anne.mcardle and bejay, it turns out that there was a glitch that was affecting the Holiday Hunt for some members, it has been resolved now though. If anyone else has any problems please send through a message via the feedback form in the help section of the site. Rockhen, I would say that the person that beat you answered the questions faster giving them more points for each question.

Georgia71 said:
December 14, 2010 at 3:04 PM

I just got one saying I was wrong and the right answer was what had I picked :( maybe tomorrow

Sabby said:
December 14, 2010 at 11:47 PM

My thoughts on the holiday hunt this year is that I prefer it the other way, where you just have to find the symbols. I've only managed to find 11 and haven't found any for about 4 days.

December 15, 2010 at 1:26 AM

I have to agree with Sabby - last year, the symbols from earlier days were still around, to egg you on. This one "parcel" is boring, and MUCH harder to find. Last year, the symbols were placed near the top of the left margin, but this year one has to scroll down to find the spot. I've spent hours looking with no result, and I've searched pretty well everywhere that it isn't! Nowhere near as much fun as before.

Pluck said:
December 15, 2010 at 5:57 AM

Thanks YouPlay for keeping us entertained, really enjoying the new format for Holiday Hunt.

December 17, 2010 at 10:47 AM

Thanks for fixing the problem,everything is running smoothly thanks for your quick response.I am one very happy youplayer. Merry Xmas to everyone and thanks for all my puzzling fun.

December 24, 2010 at 9:35 AM

Thanks for my prize in holiday hunt. Just to wait now for the post. Merry Christmas to everyone

December 24, 2010 at 9:10 PM

Yes, i too would like to say thanks for my prize in the holiday hunt...tried to stay up late looking for the last item, but couldn't do it. Got up the next day thinking too many would have already finished but got in by the skin of my teeth....thanks again and Merry Christmas

Pagan said:
December 26, 2010 at 7:07 AM

I want to add my thanks as well for the prize I won. I love the new holiday hunt, having to answer a question was fun! I also had the problem of the answers not going through straight away but they all eventually showed up on the prize page. Fix the glitches and you have a winner.

Pagan said:
December 29, 2010 at 9:19 AM

Wow, my book arrived this morning. Good company in miserable weather. Thank you!

kamra said:
December 29, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Thank-you so much YouPlay... My book arrived this morning. Looking forward to reading it. Wishing everyone a Happy New Year.

deeneecee said:
December 29, 2010 at 3:47 PM

Thank you YouPlay, for my book that arrived this morning. I too am looking forward to reading it. Loved the Holiday Hunt, and am grateful for getting the chance to win it. Looking forward to the next Big Hunt. Thankyou for giving the Free members a go.

ritz said:
December 29, 2010 at 6:24 PM

thank you YP. my book arrived this morning. happy new year everyone.

December 29, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Got home from work to find my book arrived today...excellent news as I just finished my last book and I tend to fret if I go without a book for a night lol.. thanks again

December 29, 2010 at 9:14 PM

Thankyou for my book which arrived today as well as my daughters book as she won as well. Thanks, should be more treasure hunts like these during the year not just at Christmas.

December 30, 2010 at 6:21 PM

I enjoyed holiday hunt, but missed a few days. In future could the competition continue for the next few weeks, even though we know we wont get a prize, but we could still enjoy the fun of finding the objects?

rokier said:
January 14, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Just arrived home from holidays to find a book waiting for me. Thank you, I'm looking forward to reading it. I really enjoyed playing the holiday hunt and looking forward to the next one.

January 14, 2011 at 11:57 AM

My book hasn't arrived yet but I'm assuming the NZ Lovatts office is still on holidays. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Pluck said:
January 29, 2011 at 7:03 AM

My book hasn't arrived as yet either. Still looking forward to receiving it.

January 29, 2011 at 1:03 PM

Still waiting for my book, think it may have fallen into the Tasman Sea. Although a South Australian player, nanna_j, is also still waiting for hers, doubt that one is in The Ditch. *lol*

nan_j said:
February 01, 2011 at 10:54 AM

I am also waiting for the book to arrive.

February 02, 2011 at 9:37 AM

We shall chase up those missing books for you! Are there any other Holiday Hunt winners who have not received their prize as yet? - Jessie

February 08, 2011 at 2:58 PM

Woo Hoo! My book finally arrived today. I was at work, but it was secured safely by hubby for my return. Many thanks.

Pluck said:
February 09, 2011 at 9:12 AM

Yeah, my book arrived today. Thank you very much Jessie.