WHAT is a 'hoodie'?

Monk
Item of clothing

Hello! How are you?

May
2010

By Jessie

Yep, I’m back – back from the mind-crippling insanity joyful days and nights spent in the company of my newborn baby.

But seriously, motherhood truly is as excellent as everyone says and I have fallen head over heels for my beautiful little boy, Leo. A fond memory of the early chaos though, would have to be waking ravenous after a 'refreshing' 20 minute 'sleep' amidst mountains of washing to plead desperately to my beloved “Just get me a can of beans! No, don’t heat them up - there’s no TIME!” [Cue a small cry in the distance quickly reaching the decibel equivalent of 1000 jackhammers…] Also, I will never look at Dijon mustard in the same way again.

A big THANKS from me to all those who posted their best wishes for my impending arrival – I did manage to sneak by and read your lovely comments in a brief spare moment and you truly brightened my day! (Or was it night…)

But enough about me – let’s talk about you! Yes, you with your finger hovering ready to strike the TRIVIA GAMES tab. I can see you. Wait just one second! You might like to know that you can carry your favourite YP Trivia Games around in your pocket to play anywhere, anytime.

Download a YouPlay Trivia application to your iPhone or iPod Touch and you’ll be ready to roll. And now there’s a NEW (Apple) app that’s just ripe for the picking! How pleasingly autumnal. Incidentally, I’ve always wondered what type of apple the APPLE apple is? A crisp and tart Granny Smith? Perhaps a spry little Jonathon? I’m quite certain that it’s not a Red Delicious.Or is it?

Ahem.

The Quizzard of Oz is the latest quality Trivia app available to download. Featuring thousands of Aussie-themed quiz questions to test your knowledge and a range of fun game modes, I will not be responsible for the consequences if you don’t get your hands on a copy today. Let’s just say you’ll be a sad little platypus indeed - oh yes you will. Strewth!

Download the Quizzard of Oz Application

Have you visited the YP Store yet? It’s filled with delicious YP branded goodies like stylish T-shirts and caps. I’ve just ordered one of the mugs: sturdy and capacious, it will be the perfect receptacle for my morning bottle of gin cappuccino.

Shop till you drop in the YouPlay Store!

Jessie x

PS: What are YOUR most vivid memories from those early days with a newborn - do tell!

Hello! How are you?

MumOf5 said:
May 18, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Great to see you back Jessie! Glad you're enjoying motherhood and sounds like it's all normal to me lol :)

rhve said:
May 18, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Don't worry, the time will fly past and before you know it those cute little arms will go round you, he'll plant a big sloppy kiss on you, give you a smile that would melt the hardest heart and say "can I borrow the car?"

nicnurse said:
May 18, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Gongratulations, enjoy every minute of babyhood, as in the blink of an eye Leo will be a moody teenager:)

dj1 said:
May 19, 2010 at 12:47 PM

My memories are: 1) smugly buying 60 cloth nappies and finding they were'nt nearly enough; 2) doing the washing at two in the morning; 3) trying to remember what sleep used to be like. All seems like yesterday, not over 30 years ago!

May 19, 2010 at 3:19 PM

I say ditto to the above and add snotty noses and little hands covered in doggy do. Then they grow up and become 30 something and you have then a mature human to converse with...eventurally. Would never swap the opertunity to be a parent for anything else in the world. Enjoy it like a good wine (sometimes its sour!) soak it up and enjoy, cheers and congratulations.

gioconda said:
May 19, 2010 at 3:51 PM

i got married at 16 y.o.i've had 8 kids there are still 7 left i've got 13 grand children, 6 and a half great grand children so guess how old i am

tonianne said:
May 19, 2010 at 5:35 PM

Welcome back Jess. Motherhood certainly is a whole new world of wonder (& fear) but nothing in this world beats it. Then they grow up & have little ones of their own & it's like deja vu. You never forget how to be a mum you just call it being a nanna. Best wishes & welcome back.

May 19, 2010 at 5:58 PM

All sounds normal to me too. What great news bushdweller that my now 16yr old learner driver may rediscover the fact that he can converse with people again. Funny considering he was a motor mouth as a child. It does seem like only yesterday I was enjoying a sleepless baby girl and walking kms with the old cane pram.The rewards come with the first smiles, giggles, snuggles and sloppy kisses. Enjoy the journey Jessie!

Tinkers said:
May 19, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Welcome back Jessie. I hope you enjoy your little boy as much as I have enjoyed seeing my two little boys grow into fine young adults, with children of their own.

May 20, 2010 at 11:05 AM

Hi Jessie, congratulations and welcome back!! We have missed you and your cheerful blogs too. You sound just the same as always; albeit a bit tireder and a bit wiser. Make the most of your time with Leo - and revel in the miracle of creation and celebrate each milestone your lovely son masters. Best wishes to you all.

May 21, 2010 at 8:19 AM

Mum of five and now grandma to four and a half. Time is so precious, enjoy each day as the first day of his life. ALWAYS take photos, they are his history. Never mind the sleepless nights and crying it is all part of the pleasures of motherhood. Best wishes to all the family.

kathig said:
May 22, 2010 at 3:45 AM

I think back to those early days of motherhood and wonder how I escaped them with my sanity.... Now the kids are 15 & 17 and I'm still wondering if I will get through this with my sanity intact. However, all it takes is those first smiles and later the cheeky grin and the 'love you Mum' which makes it all worthwhile. Enjoy every moment while Leo is little. They grow up so quick and you are left wondering how all of a sudden you are mother to a teenager that thinks you have no clue what it is like to be that age (all the while, you are recalling all the things that you did at the same age and hoping your kids will not make the same mistakes that you did)

echips said:
May 22, 2010 at 11:32 PM

Awe inspiring that we all started out crying and needing love and we've survived. As to the Apple apple, the computer was originally going to be called a McIntosh after a favourite North American apple but was modified to Macintosh for legal reasons.

ganojomo said:
May 23, 2010 at 4:48 PM

Ahhh newborns!!! I've fortunate enough (or is that unfortunate enough??) to be surrounded by them for about the last 24 years, firstly with my own two, and then with all of those dear little ones for whom I've cared over the years. I've always wished I could somehow bottle either the smell of a newborn (no, not THAT smell, the nice milky one), or the feel of that silky soft skin and downy hair. The best part about caring for other people's newborns is that you can give them back. The best part of caring for your own is having the joy of watching them grow and change and discover the world, and sharing it all with them ... and then to have them come back to you as adults and say "I love you Mum. I don't know what I'd do without you!"

rock_star said:
May 25, 2010 at 7:45 PM

It's changeed alot i am only new. New people have came and i think it is wonderful.The place i would rarther be is youplay.

navygurl said:
July 03, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Hi Jessie,congratulations on your save arrival. I am still new too this site. I recently had a son myself he is 5 months old.Its a wonderfull experiance but the only thing thats a night mare is the washing.