'There is no complication' is the second line in WHICH Kylie hit?

"Spinning Around"
"I Should Be So Lucky"
"On A Night Like This"
"Locomotion"

Wild Words are Weapons

Nov
2009

By Jessie

So there I was, sitting innocently at my desk this morning, quietly contemplating how to prepare the plump chicken tenderloins I was planning  for dinner (Mexican spice rub? A la fricassee?)

When all of a sudden my peaceful reverie was violently shattered in the most outrageous fashion.

An email had landed in my inbox and I was completely unprepared for what lay within.

The missive had been sent from an unmentionable assailant (let’s just call him "MagMan P.I.").

And in no uncertain terms he was issuing a challenge. To beat him at a game of Wild Words. Immediately.

Well readers, you can imagine how I felt. Provoked. Resentful. A little bit hungry. To think that that impertinent libertine would so brazenly dare to throw down the gauntlet in my very own domain of words was simply too much to bare.

Can you picture what happened next? Surfing wave after wave of conflicting emotions, I contemplated my options. What was the best course of action? A dignified silence? A blistering remonstration?

But all along, I knew what I had to do - so with a leaden sigh, I accepted his challenge.

And readers, I whipped him so soundly that I’m sure his dangly bits have by now reached the moon.

Jessie x

Send your own game challenge to a friend!

Click the orange CHALLENGE button (found on the ‘finish’ page of any YP house game).

Don’t forget – you can now post your game scores to Facebook and Twitter.

Click the links on the ‘finish’ page (you’ll find these next to the ‘Top 5 Plays of the Hour’ column.

PS: Can YOU beat my Wild Words score of 10,807 points? Post a comment here if you do!

Comment on this blog

Wild Words are Weapons

November 14, 2009 at 4:52 PM

58,845 my last score! Sorry Jessie, you'll have to do better! When will we have Wild Word competitions I ask?

November 14, 2009 at 5:54 PM

74,100...very happy I be with that. If only I could beat the few people who get up to and over 100,000. How on earth do they do it? Would love some tips from them!

Gibbo said:
November 15, 2009 at 2:18 PM

You are very good at wild words! You are way better then me. :o

November 15, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Thankyou Gibbo....it's pretty much the only game now I play on here so that's the bonus for me! Amazing how many times I watch the sun rise and all because of Wild Words...lol

Rubie123 said:
November 16, 2009 at 3:31 PM

Wild words is my favourite game and I usually score well....BUT how do they get those HUGE scores?????????????

November 18, 2009 at 10:50 AM

Would love to know Rubie. When I see certain people have played I know I haven't a chance of getting the best score of that hour or day!! Maybe they'll be generous enough to tell us. Wish we could play these games for prizes.

Terriki said:
November 18, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Have got hooked on wild words, not getting scoring all that hot, but improving each time..any special tips from the pro's?

debjoker said:
November 19, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Hey there! Wild words and caffeine get my brain working in the morning... Discovered, quite by accident, that using the "quiz question" blocks helps to get the big scores! Wild words also slows down when you ignore the bombs as much as possible! Happy playing - look forward to seeing some amazing scores!

November 19, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Debjoker: I agree! For me, caffeine is critical for optimum Wild Words performance... Here are a few tips from Dr. Play to increase speed: 1. Use the keyboard to type in words (rather than the mouse) 2. Use the UP Arrow key to activate a Trivia Question tile 3. Use the DOWN Arrow key to activate a bomb tile

debjoker said:
November 19, 2009 at 11:30 AM

Wow... will try that, but a bit slow on the keyboard! Thanks!

November 28, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Thanks to you both. Will go back to answering the quiz questions again and will have a go at typing in words and using the up and down arrows. Not sure how I'll go with that but will give it a shot!!

bigsister said:
November 29, 2009 at 5:52 AM

Yes wild words is a favourite fix for the morning. Mostly I am the top scores for the hour and sometimes even manage to stay in the top scores for the day. Great game

November 29, 2009 at 11:27 PM

I tried the hints from earlier posts and I think when I'm used to playing that way it will be a bonus....thankyou!!I spend so many wasted hours bigsister....can't sleep for long so am often on for most of the night and watch the sun come up usually. A true addict methinks.

February 14, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Using the keyboard, does anyone know how to activate a wild card tile (that is, if you would like to make a word and the letter is not there, I have discovered that you can't simply just type the letter you want the wild tile to be). The only way I have found is to use the 'tab' key or just use the mouse which takes the hands away from the keyboard! Would be grateful for any thoughts.

Staff

Dr. Play said:
February 17, 2010 at 8:45 AM

Hey reddwarf67, to activate a Wild Card Tile in Wild Words, you can use the asterisk character on your keyboard. So, you can choose between the Shift-8 key combination, or you can use the * key on your keyboard's keypad (if you have one). We'll update the game instructions with this information, thanks for asking!

February 17, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Thanks Dr Play! Makes play much easier and thank you for updating the game instructions.