Which of these words means 'admonish'?

Create
Reprove
Persevere
Astound

New game preview!

Oct
2011

By Dr. Play

Hello again, YouPlayers!  We're just putting the finishing touches on a new game in the YouPlay game laboratories and want to know: would anyone like a sneak peek?  We’re offering you the chance to become part of the game development process: an opportunity to play, test and review our new game!

For the next few weeks, we’ll be asking friendly, helpful and interested premium members to help us!  You must be patient, open-minded and able to carry out at least five ‘test’ game plays per day: try our current work-in-progress and let us know what you think.  We'll also be selecting a handful of visitors with free accounts to help us too.

UPDATE: The game is now available for all members, so check it out, here's a shortcut link: Trivia Buzz!

So here’s how it works: post a comment here and tell us a bit about why you’d like to be part of the testing program. What skills, abilities or qualities can you offer as part of the team? Or, let us know which is your favourite game currently on the site today and why?

Starting Monday 17th October, interested premium members will be notified of the their invitation into the testing laboratories. If you’ve been part of our previous beta testing campaigns then you’ll already be able to join in: check your profile page  for the ‘Beta Tester’ badge to see if you have beta testing status.

Thinking of becoming a premium member?  There are more and more benefits every day – incidentally, we’ve recently updated the print templates for the crossword category and also added entirely new print templates for our huge range of logic puzzles – it really is great value - get your premium membership today!

What other new features you want to see? Feel free to leave us a comment on that too, and regularly check back here for more about the results of our experiments.

Looking forward to the discussion, see you in the lab!

Dr. Play

PS. Have you tried our latest game for the Australian Olympic Committee?  It's the Boxing Kangaroo on a mountain bike course, entitled BK Pedals and it's great fun!  Happy pedalling!

New game preview!

mairze said:
October 29, 2011 at 5:42 PM

Love all forms of trivia and a new game would be great. Have trouble with the times needed for the top scores. Relly looking forward to seeing this one.

elie said:
October 29, 2011 at 7:21 PM

Lots of "undefined" questions coming up today. Have not come across this before. Great game though. Congrats to team who constructed it and to those who are mastering it!! Still trying, Elie

no1llama said:
October 30, 2011 at 3:09 AM

lucky you to all those who are mentioning issues with the game, I would love to just be able to try it! How DO I get beta tester status?

bonzo said:
October 30, 2011 at 6:30 PM

Lots of 'undefined'questions coming up today ??? Great game tho'very addictive!

Staff

Dr. Play said:
October 31, 2011 at 9:32 AM

Hi folks! It's been a busy week here - many thanks for such an awesome effort by all our testers - we'll be posting an update to the game in the early part of this week (the main feature: avoiding the undefined questions ;-) And, pending some further flight-testing, Trivia Buzz will be released to the entire YP community shortly after. So, stay tuned and happy puzzling!

nan_j said:
October 31, 2011 at 10:00 AM

Thanks for the update Dr Play, love the game and can't wait to play it without the undefined moments!

Staff

Dr. Play said:
October 31, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Update applied, is anyone still seeing 'undefined' questions?  Ensure you're getting the latest game version by restarting your browser.  There may be a pause of a seconds or two if the server response takes a while to reach your browser. Have fun!

November 01, 2011 at 12:16 AM

will try again my comments keep disappering great game dr play and staff thanks for allowing me to be a tester

mayabella said:
November 01, 2011 at 10:34 PM

I'm LOVING the new trivia game! I appreciate being in on the testing. Can't think of anything to improve it ~ I could be addicted...

November 02, 2011 at 8:09 AM

Hey, I'd love to be a tester - have beta tested for many games in the past (including the Battlefield series). I'm thorough and have good observation skills and attention to detail.

hunny62 said:
November 02, 2011 at 10:08 AM

I would love to play but it won't load for me.

evaking said:
November 04, 2011 at 8:27 AM

trying

November 04, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Not playing it so much now because the ad still wont play for level three. Have reported it though the bug page a few times but nothing has changed. It's VERY ANNOYING. The game is quite fun but would be much better if I could proceede past level 2.

November 04, 2011 at 11:31 AM

I meant reported it through the bug page not though.

Staff

Dr. Play said:
November 04, 2011 at 11:50 AM

Message received, Pembrokeshire! It's the last of the tasks we need to do before release to all members. Stay tuned!!

hunny62 said:
November 06, 2011 at 2:55 AM

great game,I love it! Well done Dr Play, I'm sure it will be one of the most popular game for trivia buffs!

Staff

Dr. Play said:
November 07, 2011 at 1:14 PM

Trivia Buzz v1.0 is now live for all members! Thanks to all the members of our great testing team for doing such a wonderful job of proving the game's features. There are some great suggestions for new features too, which we've definitely taken on board and may incorporate in due course, so stay tuned for more. Once again, thanks to everyone who tried the game for a really fantastic response, happy Trivia Buzzing!

relle said:
November 07, 2011 at 4:27 PM

Thanks Dr Play, will be fun to see others on the scoreboard also for Trivia Buzz. It would be exciting to play side by side with others in this game, as Winnjazza had suggested. Thanks for this new challenge, I do hope to get to Level 3 soon!

November 08, 2011 at 3:16 PM

I have just played trivia Buzz and was overjoyed to see that the anvil has been abolished. I think that the new way is much more positive, it made me want to play again as before I didn't want to because it was a bit of an anticlimax. Thank you very much.

daffydill said:
November 09, 2011 at 2:57 PM

I have just played Trivia Buzz for the first time and quite enjoyed it. I would have liked to have kept playing but it would not load after two levels. (twice) I hope the problem can be fixed soon.

singer said:
May 24, 2012 at 8:08 PM

hi people i am singer i am knew

deedledoo said:
October 28, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Hmmm all lovatts games and puzzles are addictive- let me see i am addicted to crosswords, cryptics, crochet, chippies, chocolate and shhh cigarettes

fir said:
October 28, 2014 at 11:41 AM

I would love to help testing it. Count me in. Could we also include a rewrite for trivia combat??